... and beautiful beaches/crazy dogs/noodles/no dirty old men
20.05.2008 - 25.05.2008 30 °C
Apologies for the lack of blogging but we have been in the land of no communication and thus accessing the net is bleedin impossible!!!
So... basically a brief summary is as follows: we are STILL on Koh Phangan!!! Our original plan to go to the west has been rained down on so we have stayed put! We are in love with this island so may never come home - be warned!
I have lots to blog about but not so much internet time for now so I will keep it brief and bore you further tomo instead.
The 20th was a spooky day... the morning of my dads anniversary we went to breakfast and as we walked in they turned on the music system and the first song they played was the song from dads funeral - genuinely spooky stuff. So the rest of the 20th was spent spooked out on the beach before we hit the full moon party. Met up with my friends from college and was cool to see them. Most people at the party were on drugs so a little not my scene but I compensated with vodka! It was interesting to say the least! We made it home at day break and suffered hugely the next day!
Since then we have generally chilled lots and after several days in a vegetative state on the beach we decided to get off our butts yesterday and hired a kayak - freaky stuff. My arms are in agony today and yesterday was spent freaking out panicking about sharks eating us at sea!!!
Today we went into the town centre for the first time since we landed here 8 days ago... it was cool to leave the isolation of our resort but good to be back too! We went to The Masons Arms a traditional tudor set english pub - we had roast beef dinners lol! After that we took it upon ourselves to visit the local animal sanctuary and volunteer for a day... so Tuesday shall be spent with puppies whoop whoop! I am so excited as I have been missing Tigue loads - and there are 3 teeny 3 week old mini Tigues so I am dead excited!
Tomorrow we are going to the Angthong Marine Park on a boat trip so we have stocked up on factor 30... tragically if we drop to any less we burn - it is majorly hot here.
Things I have forgotten to mention that have sprung to mind:
- all dogs in Thailand want to eat us (y r we volunteering at the home?!?!)
- I have a mouldy arm... my IV wound from CYprus has flared up due to the heat and it makes me grizzly mad cos I have to wear along sleeve like a weirdo
- my favourite drink here is called Spy - its a wine cooler, yum yum
- I have visited a Thai hospital (yup me lil miss illness!) it was suprisingly clean but they wouldn't accept my insurance and I had to pay cash grrrrrrr
- Chris can't kayak, at all
- Chris is grizzly cos he can't kayak
- I hate cockroaches
- The sea is hotter than an average bath and totally transparent - cool to see fish but not so cool when you see millions of jellyfish and sea snozcumbers
- Nobody in Thailand wears seatbelts and they drive like loons - we are lucky to still be alive lol!
- English people are generally embarassing when abroad (us excluded)
Soooo... the above may make me sound drunk or crazed - I am neither; just giddy from the sun heehee!
I will write a more logical entry soon I promise.
Love and kisses as always to mum, J and Tiger puppy. Hello to Aunty B. Orlanda - are you coming to Glasto??? And... Mrs Smith Chris says hi
Love to all.xxxx